MyLabServices.com is an online lab test purchasing service. By using this service, you agree to be bound by the following terms & conditions. MyLabServices.com reserves the right to make changes to the terms & conditions at any time without notice. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting of the modified terms & conditions. Permission to use this site is at the discretion of MyLabServices.com and may be terminated at any time for any reason.
1. You agree that you are over the age of 18.
2. You agree that the information you submit during the course of purchasing a lab test from MyLabServices.com is truthful and accurate.
3. You agree not to copy any images, text, or structure from this website. You also agree not to use the website for illegal purposes.
4. You agree to use the site according to the instructions and intended use and not to disclose your password to any other users.
5. You agree to abide by the purchase and refund policies of MyLabServices.com. Refunds are only permitted prior to submission of urine or blood specimens to a Patient Service Center for testing. Refund amounts will be 75% of the original purchase price. No refund after 21 days from receipt of payment.
6. You agree that a lab test purchased through MyLabServices.com does not constitute medical advice and will not diagnose, treat, or cure any disease or condition. You also agree that the lab test results can be inaccurate through no fault of MyLabServices.com. You understand the service provided by MyLabServices.com is a service provided at your request and not suggested by our staff physician. As an online service we do not have a traditional doctor-patient relationship and do not provide CPT codes, diagnosis codes or provider information in order to file insurance claims.
7. The materials on the site are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, no infringement of intellectual property or fitness for a particular purpose. MyLabServices.com offers no assurance of uninterrupted or error free service. MyLabServices.com does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained on the site. Any of the information offered on the site may change at any time without notice.
8. Information on this website is for informational purposes only. MyLabServices.com makes no express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to the services provided. MyLabServices.com shall not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any transactions conducted or information conveyed on the website. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, merchandise and other information provided through the Service.
9. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless MyLabServices.com, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third party information providers to the Service from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement by you.
10. You agree to a $15 administration fee to be charged (or deducted from any unused credit balances) for each request to change your order once your order has been processed.
11. Unused requisitions for orders will no longer be valid after one year from the original purchase date, no credit or additional services will be provided in exchange for unused requisitions after one year from the original purchase date. Please note, requisitions that have not been used within 90 days from the date they are issued may have to be reissued to you due to LabCorp purging unused requisitions from their system, and may result in an administrative fee assessed to you.
12. Discount coupon codes issued by MyLabServices.com are issued as a courtesy to our customers. Orders placed that do not meet the requirements or after expiration will be processed without the discount. Coupons are not redeemable for cash and cannot be applied when using in-house credits. Adjustments, credits and/or refunds for discount codes not entered at the time of ordering will not be issued.
HIV Testing Consent
(only applies when ordering an HIV test)
The purpose of this form is to document that I or my physician have requested that a blood test for the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) be performed. The blood test(s) are used to detect HIV antibody or DNA. HIV is the cause of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). I understand that the test is performed by drawing blood from the arm and processing the resulting blood specimen by either ELISA, Western Blot or other laboratory technology.
I have been informed that the tests can produce false positive and false negative results. For HIV, antibody testing, the ELISA screening test produces three false “positive” (indicating the presence of anti-HIV when it is not present) test results in every 10,000 specimens processed, regardless of population tested. Also, I have been informed that, if positive, the ELISA test will be repeated, and if still positive, a secondary level test (Western Blot) will then be performed. The combination of these two tests reduces the possibility of a false positive HIV antibody result to a very small fraction per 10,000 tests processed.
I have been informed that the ELISA screening test fails to detect anti-HIV for a period of time immediately after infection with the virus. I have been offered re-testing if it is suspected that this has occurred. The ELISA screening test may fail to detect anti-HIV in rare cases.
My physician has explained the following to me in language that I understand: the nature of the blood test, it’s expected benefits, it’s risks, and alternative tests.
The results of the HIV test will become part of my medical record. The confidentiality of my medical record will be maintained. However, I understand that my physician or other health care provider may ask to see the results for medical reasons. I understand that positive test results must be reported to the appropriate State Health Division. Confirmed HIV antibody test results will be made available beyond that only in summary or statistical form in such a way as to preserve my confidentiality.
I have read the previous information and I understand it. By checking the box on the order form, I acknowledge that I have been given all of the information that I have requested concerning the blood test(s) and the release of results.
I acknowledge that I have given my consent for the performance of an HIV blood test, and the release of the results as described above.